Cookie Consent by Free Privacy Policy Generator Skip to content

What happens when I retire?

We will have to wait for confirmation of your retirement from your employer, together with details of your pay. It is likely that this information may not be available until after your last payroll run has been finalised, which may be after your date of leaving.

In the meantime, if you wish to chase your benefits, please contact your former employer or payroll provider to ensure they have sent us the required information before you call Warwickshire Pension Fund to chase payment.

What we need?

Once we have received the information above, we will provide you with a final estimate of benefits, together with the forms you need to complete to confirm how you want the pension to be paid. You will also need to send in copies of your birth certificate and any other certificates to confirm your marital status:

  • marriage certificate
  • civil partnership certificate
  • decree absolute

We will accept photocopies, as long as all dates are clear and easily read.


Once we have your choices, we can confirm the amounts that are due and we will pay any lump sum retirement grant as soon as possible.

The pension will be paid monthly on the last day of the month and the first pension payment we make will include any arrears of pension.